About Nurse Practitioner Harrelson
Dr. Lisa Harrelson joined Metropolitan Nephrology Associates in 2022 as a board-certified family nurse practitioner. She is a 2022 graduate of Holy Family University’s doctoral nursing program. Prior to this, she earned both her bachelor and master’s degrees in nursing from Holy Family University. She completed her doctoral research at Bala Women’s Health, in Bala Cynwyd discussing the value of technological advancements to the patient experience. Lisa earned her first degree as a Bachelor of Vocal Performance in jazz studies from The University of the Arts in 2013 prior to transitioning to healthcare in 2015.
She has practiced in a wide variety of settings as a clinical nurse over the past six years in the greater Philadelphia area. Areas of expertise include family practice, women’s health, stroke-care, Leukemia/Lymphoma, and now, nephrology. Lisa also enjoys educating nursing students both clinically and as a didactic professor at Holy Family University as an adjunct faculty member.
Lisa is passionate in providing holistic care and seeks to improve both physical and mental health for all patient populations. She plans to dual certify as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) to broaden her clinical scope and acts now as the lead intake clinician for Honoria Wellness psychotherapy of Bensalem. She is currently pursuing her PMHNP at Chamberlain University.
Lisa resides in Philadelphia with her boyfriend and beloved husky pup. She spends much of her time with her large family, enjoys reading, a good puzzle, a challenging board game, singing, long-distance running, and a vigorous peloton ride.
Where I Practice
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing – Holy Family University, Philadelphia, PA
- Master of Science in Nursing – Holy Family University, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Nursing Practice – Holy Family University, Philadelphia, PA
- Bachelor of Music – The University of the Arts, Philadelphia, PA
- Family Nurse Practitioner AANP (FNP-C)
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner, Pennsylvania (CRNP)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Nephrology Nurses Association (ANNA)
- Nurses for Tomorrow Scholarship Recipient – Independence Blue Cross