About Dr Heiland
Dr. Kelly Heiland joined Metropolitan Nephrology Associates in 2008. She is a graduate of Muhlenberg College, and received her Medical Degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2001. She completed her Internal Medicine Residency in the PCOM Consortium in 2004 and was a Chief Medical Resident.
She went on to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital for her Nephrology Fellowship training, which was completed in 2006.
Following this she worked in Chambersburg, PA as a clinical Nephrologist and served as medical director of a local dialysis unit, before returning to the Philadelphia area in 2008.
Dr. Heiland is dual board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology, and was awarded FACOI in October 2020.
She enjoys teaching medical students and Internal Medicine residents, and is an Associate Professor of Medicine in the Division of Nephrology at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. She lives in the Philadelphia area with her husband and sons and enjoys traveling, spending time at the beach, and gardening.
Dr. Heiland sees patients at all of our office locations, and is Medical Director of the FMC Roxborough Dialysis Unit. She is on staff at Roxborough Memorial Hospital and Jefferson Frankford Hospital.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s of Science – Muhlenberg College
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Pennsylvania College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Chief Resident of Internal Medicine – Pennsylvania College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Fellow of Nephrology– Thomas Jefferson University
- Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor of Medicine, Nephrology.- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Medical Director – FMC Roxborough Dialysis Unit