Home > Our Providers > Michael Levin, DO
About Dr Levin
Dr. Michael Levin, a Philadelphia native, graduated from Muhlenberg College and received his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine in 2001 from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM). After completing his residency in Internal Medicine at PCOM, he graduated as Chief Fellow in Nephrology in 2006 from Hahnemann University Hospital. While at Hahnemann, he won a national award in hypertension from the American Society of Hypertension in New York. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
Dr. Levin joined Metropolitan Nephrology Associates in 2006. He is a Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine and Chair of the Division of Nephrology, has won numerous teaching awards and serves on the Curriculum Committee and is the Clinical Director of the Nephrology Course.
He has held numerous administrative titles, including President of the Medical Staffs at Roxborough Memorial Hospital and Jeanes Hospital. As well, he remains a Director in the Temple University Health System, Director of Dialysis at Temple Hospital: Jeanes Campus, Ethics Chair at Jeanes Campus, and Chair of The Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee at Roxborough Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Levin’s clinical interests range from Hypertension to Chronic Kidney Disease and Dialysis. He serves as Medical Director of Fresenius Northwest Dialysis on City Avenue, specializing in In-Center dialysis and Home Dialysis programs (Home Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis.)
Dr. Levin is a Fellow of the American College of Osteopathic Internists (FACOI) and the American Society of Nephrology. He has been featured on Fox News for World Kidney Day and has had several pieces published about the success of Home Dialysis. He is an active writer of questions for the National Nephrology Certification Board exams
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s of Science – Muhlenberg College, Allentown, PA
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), Philadelphia, PA
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), Philadelphia, PA
- Chief Fellow in Nephrology – Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Internal Medicine
- American College of Osteopathic Internists (FACOI): Board member
- American Society of Nephrology
Awards & Honors
- Young Investigator of the Year Award – American Society of Hypertension, Delaware Valley Chapter
- Clinical Teacher of the Year
- Medical College of Pennsylvania Achievement Award
- Emanuel Fliegelman Memorial Award
- William Daiber Memorial Award
- Herbert Steinberg Internal Medicine Award