About Dr Stepanian
A Philadelphia native, Dr Stepanian has been with Metropolitan Nephrology Associates since 2015. After completing his Bachelor’s of Science from Penn State, he completed both his medical degree and Internal Medicine Residency at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he was named Internal Medicine Resident of Year upon graduating in 2012. Dr Stepanian went on to complete his fellowship in Nephrology and Hypertension at Rowan University, where his training included rounding in the Jefferson Health network and at Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center in southern New Jersey.
He is board-certified in Internal Medicine as well as Nephrology and Hypertension by the American College of Osteopathic Internists. Among his professional interests, Dr Stepanian has reported cases of ANCA vasculitis and calcium oxalate nephropathy, and maintains a strong interest in glomerular diseases.
Dr. Stepanian is accepting new patients at our City Avenue office. He is on staff at all of our affiliated hospitals: Roxborough Memorial, Jefferson Frankford, and Jeanes. He also serves as a Clinical Associate Professor for Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he is active in lecturing, teaching, and training students, interns, and residents.
Where I Practice
Education & Training
- Bachelor of Science, Biology – Penn State University
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), Philadelphia, PA
- Residency in Internal Medicine – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM), Philadelphia, PA
- Fellow, Nephrology and Hypertension – Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ
- Internal Medicine
- Nephrology and Hypertension
- American College of Osteopathic Internists
- Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM)
Awards & Honors
- Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, Nephrology – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Internal Medicine Resident of the Year – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine