About Dr Vadaparampil
Dr. Vadaparampil joined Metropolitan Nephrology Associates in 2013, and is currently on staff at Jefferson Frankford Hospital, Jeanes Hospital and Roxborough Hospital. He sees office patients at our Castor Ave location and serves as Medical Director for Fresenius Parkview Dialysis Unit in the same location. Dr. Vadaparampil serves as Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine in the Division of Nephrology at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Dr. Vadaparampil completed his fellowship in Nephrology at Mount Sinai University Hospital in New York City, where he served as Chief Fellow of Nephrology. He participated in basic science research focusing on the cellular function of the podocyte and the pathogenesis of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, and his scholarly activities include publication in the Journal of Clinical Investigation and Journal of Biological Chemistry.
Prior to completing his fellowship, he had completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Thomas Jefferson University, followed by a year of piloting the Hospitalist program at the Jefferson Hospital for Neuroscience.
He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
Specialties / Interests
- Chronic Kidney Disease / Dialysis Therapies
- Kidney stones
- Electrolyte Disorders
- Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Glomerular Disease
Where I Practice
Education & Training
- Undergraduate Degree- New York University, New York, NY
- Medical Degree – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey-New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Nephrology Fellowship– Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Residency, Internal Medicine – Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- Internal Medicine
- America Medical Association
- American Society of Nephrology
- Pennsylvania Medical Society